PNA invites you to participate in the World Tuna Day with World Tuna Day Art & Talent Quest 2022
Theme: ‘Our Tuna, Our Heritage’
Using art, music, dance, writing, video, PNA invites you to share your vision of this year’s theme: “Our Tuna, Our Heritage” as the world gets ready to celebrate World Tuna Day, May 2, 2022.
- $2,000(USD) cash prize award to the first place winner.
- $1,000(USD) cash prize awards for second place winners
- $500(USD) cash prize awards for third place winners
All winning work will be posted on the PNA Website and PNA’s other social media platforms
- Does the submitted work fit the theme “Our Tuna, Our Heritage"?
- Is there a creative, original interpretation of the subject/theme?
- This Competition is open to all artists of all ages who are residents and/or citizens of the PNA-member countries: Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu plus Tokelau.
- Each entry must be original in concept, design, and execution
- Videos and Songs must be no longer than 5 minutes in length.
- Writing submissions must not exceed 1000 Words
- All videos clips are to be posted on competitors own Facebook page and tag pnatuna page @pnatuna and harsh tag #worldtunaday2022
- Competitors with video clips to immediately send us a private message either on our PNATUNA Facebook page or via email email@example.com after uploading their videos on their fb page. Their contact details such as full names, nationalities, and phone number are provided in their email as well.
- All category must be submitted via email by April 22, 2022 firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are not to enter works of art which have won awards in other Competition shows
- Your work must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else’s copyrighted material.
- You may only submit your own work that you personally created.
- If there is any question about authenticity; PNAO reserves the right to demand proof of authorship.... if it is not then your entry will be disqualified.
- By entering this competition, you grant PNAO non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your entry on the PNA website, as well as the marketing of the World Tuna Day to the general public. All winning entries will be displayed on the PNA website. Each entry becomes part of the public historical/archival online contest catalog.
- Submissions cannot be returned.
About World Tuna Day:
World Tuna Day has been celebrated since 2011 when the Parties to the Nauru Agreement (PNA) declared May 2nd a holiday to honor the importance of tuna. In 2016 the United Nations General Assembly elevated the occasion by designating a resolution, making World Tuna Day a global holiday to honor and “highlight the importance of sustainably managed fish stocks in achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.”
We love tuna. It is a part of us and our culture. It is a migratory species that’s not only a great source of protein but also joins us together.
Tuna has been an important food source during this pandemic, both fresh and canned. By contributing to this competition, you can help sustain global marine ecology and tuna stocks. World Tuna Day is a great opportunity to explore steps that can make a lasting impact in supporting sustainable, legal fishing industry practices. We look forward to your submission!