- Preliminary figures indicate that both overall purse seine fishing days and VDS usage fell slightly in August, although the VDS figure of 3547 days is the highest monthly August effort since at least 2014. Fishing intensity (fishing days/calendar day) fell slightly. Note that August figures may be adjusted as NFDs are processed.
- Total purse seine catch rose in August, driven largely by very strong catches of large YFT. Fishing effort was broadly concentrated in the east with KI, NR, RMI and the HS accounting for around two-thirds of overall effort. Catches were highest in KI.
- Based on preliminary figures, overall catch rates rose in August. Catch rates for SKJ continued to fall, reaching their lowest level since Jan ’20, but were offset by very high catch rates of YFT.
- Transhipment volumes rose by 26% in August, remaining comfortably above the levels during the early stages of the pandemic. Transhipment activity continued to be highest in Majuro, which accounted for 42% of overall volume.
- Bangkok SKJ prices fell in August, averaging $1400 according to Thai Union figures. Singapore MGO price fell slightly but remained around pre-pandemic levels. The differential between SKJ price and Singapore MGO price remained around the the 10 yr average.
- Key SE Asian processing countries continued to experience some of their worst outbreaks of COVID since the start of the pandemic with impacts on production, however daily case numbers have begun to come down in Thailand and Vietnam.
Find attached the covid19 detailed and updated reports;
PNA COVID Dashboard September 2021 Update (527.88 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard August 2021 Update (557.49 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard July 2021 Update (496.2 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard June 2021 Update (428.23 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard May 2021 Update (460.22 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Apr 2021 Update (458.87 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Mar 2021 Update (401.54 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Feb 2021 Update (480.54 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Jan 2021 Update (377.01 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Dec 2020 Update (371.59 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Nov 2020 Update (403.09 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Oct 2020 Update (438.23 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Sep 2020 Update (513.47 KB)