- Preliminary figures indicate that overall purse seine fishing days and fishing intensity (fishing days/calendar day) rose in Apr. Note that April figures may be adjusted as NFDs are processed.
- Total purse seine catch fell slightly in April, but remained high relative to the ‘20-‘21 period. Fishing effort broadened out, with roughly equal days fished in PNG and KI. Catch was highest in KI, PNG and NR.
- Based on preliminary figures, overall catch rates fell slightly in April, albeit remained high relative to the ’20-’21 period. Catch rates for SKJ fell slightly, while catch rates of large YFT fell to their lowest level since at least Jan ’19.
- Transhipment volumes rose again in April, reaching their highest level since at least mid-2019. PNG ports continued to dominate transhipments, accounting for around 57% of total PNA volume. Collectively PNG and KI ports accounted for 86% of total transhipment volume.
- Bangkok SKJ prices remained relatively stable in April (falling from US$1,350 in March to $1340 in April) according to Thai Union figures. The 2021 figure is the lowest April price since 2015. Singapore MGO price stabilised in April, flattening out at levels slightly lower than those pre-pandemic. The differential between SKJ price and Singapore MGO price remained below the 10 yr average for the fourth month running.
- Thailand is currently experiencing its most pronounced spike of cases to date in the pandemic, with up to 4,000 new cases daily in mid-May. New daily cases in PNG fell briefly in early May, but rose again in mid-May.
Find attached the covid19 detailed updated reports;
PNA COVID Dashboard May 2021 Update (460.22 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Apr 2021 Update (458.87 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Mar 2021 Update (401.54 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Feb 2021 Update (480.54 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Jan 2021 Update (377.01 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Dec 2020 Update (371.59 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Nov 2020 Update (403.09 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Oct 2020 Update (438.23 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Sep 2020 Update (513.47 KB)