- Preliminary figures indicate that overall purse seine fishing days fell slightly in June, albeit fishing intensity (fishing days/calendar day) remained stable. The preliminary VDS figure of 3504 days is the highest monthly June effort since 2014. Note that June figures may be adjusted as NFDs are processed.
- Total purse seine catch fell slightly in June, but remained high relative to the ‘20-‘21 period. Fishing effort remained largely in the east, with KI and the HS collectively accounting for 55% of EEZ+HS effort. Catches were highest in KI and the HS.
- Based on preliminary figures, overall catch rates remained stable in June. Catch rates for SKJ rose slightly, while catch rates of large YFT fell after a sharp rise in May.
- Transhipment volumes rose slightly in June, remaining high relative to the ’20-’21 period. Transhipment activity was highest in Majuro, which accounted for 47% of all volume. The June monthly volume was the highest in Majuro since at least Jan ’19.
- Bangkok SKJ prices remained relatively stable in June, averaging around at $1300 according to Atuna figures. Singapore MGO price rose in June and is now back to pre-pandemic levels. The differential between SKJ price and Singapore MGO price remains clearly below the 10 yr average.
- Thailand is continuing to experience its most pronounced spike of cases to date in the pandemic, with over 12,000 cases/day at end July.
Find attached the covid19 detailed updated reports;
PNA COVID Dashboard July 2021 Update (496.2 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard June 2021 Update (428.23 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard May 2021 Update (460.22 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Apr 2021 Update (458.87 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Mar 2021 Update (401.54 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Feb 2021 Update (480.54 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Jan 2021 Update (377.01 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Dec 2020 Update (371.59 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Nov 2020 Update (403.09 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Oct 2020 Update (438.23 KB)
PNA COVID Dashboard Sep 2020 Update (513.47 KB)