The Parties to the Nauru Agreement Office (PNAO) is seeking to hire an IT Officer to assist the PNAO with prompt and effective support in the area of Information Technology.
- Receiving and responding to IT-related inquiries and requests for technical assistance.
- Troubleshooting and resolving reported software and hardware issues.
- Researching IT questions and issues using available information and resources.
- Dealing with help desk interactions.
- Providing support for running and maintaining the PNA Website and social media.
- Providing support for the running and maintenance of the PNAO Intranet.
- Providing support for administering and maintaining the PNAO help desk system and procedures.
- Identifying and escalating IT cases requiring urgent attention, including recurring problems.
- Assisting with systems administration and networking tasks.
- Preparing assistance requests and status reports as required.
- Assisting with upgrades on the existing information system.
- Providing support in developing and updating training manuals for software and hardware.
- Assisting with training of staff on IT functions and software applications.
- Assisting with updating the IT asset register.
- Assisting with installing and maintaining IT equipment.
- Assisting with managing PNAO IT subscriptions.
- Assisting with managing ID cards.
- Assisting with other IT needs and activities as required.
- Diploma or Associate Degree in IT or equivalent.
- Skills and knowledge in IT networking, server administration, and cloud computing.
- Relevant experience in private or public sector enterprises.
- Demonstrated focus on customer service, interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a culturally diverse work environment.
- A proven self-motivated team member with a track record of honesty and integrity.
- Exhibit competencies that include the ability to:
- Respect individual and cultural differences.
- Utilize diversity to foster teamwork.
- Adapt to change.
- Organize own time effectively and follows work schedules.
The successful applicant will be offered a one-year contract with the possibility of an extension.
Key selection criteria
The position is open to anyone, but preference is given to PNA nationals residing in Marshall Islands.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest to the CEO, a brief CV and 2 reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be submitted electronically. Manual applications will not be accepted.
IT Officer.pdf (137.38 KB)